Tuesday, August 5, 2014

And So It Begins...

And so it begins...

Costume prep

This weekend Carolina and I got an early start on our costumes.

A fantastic mess

Those are the only pictures I'm revealing at the moment, mostly because I'm not loving the first draft of my costume. Just gotta keep reminding myself I still have plenty of time. I don't want it to look like a kid's school project gone wrong! I'm also working on a secret element to my costume that I won't show you till Halloween. It has potential to be pretty badass though!

I will say I'm proud that we're getting such an early start. I think normally we wait till September and then we're scrambling all of October to get them finished. The scramble can be kind of exciting, but I always feel like I don't have enough time to do all the Halloweeny stuff I want to do (spooky movie night, haunted houses, gorge myself on candy corn, etc etc).

Also, I am this close to officially turning this into a year-round Halloween blog since that's what most of my posts are about, but if I do that I want to use a completely different format. Is anyone out there familiar with using tumblr or some other cooler blogging platform? Blogger isn't doing it for me anymore.






No comments: