Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Halloween Costume Reveal...


I think I'm ready to reveal my Halloween costume for 2014! I have to say, I'm kinda nervous to announce it. I don't like to publicly put it out there unless I plan to fully commit to the costume. I have a certain vision for this costume, and it's going to be a challenge. I'm worried it might not turn out right. I know, I know. There's plenty of time, I can always change my mind, nobody cares, blah blah blah. The Halloween part of my brain just makes me downright nutty. I had this email exchange with my coworker the other day:

HIM: What's the verdict on your Halloween costume this year?

ME: Oh man, I'm getting really excited. But I have some hesitations. But I think I'm going with this idea that's been brewing in my brain. But I'm afraid to say it out loud! But I probably will soon...I aM a CraZy PeRsoN.

HIM: Yes, yes your are. But we love you for it.


Okay, are you ready for the big reveal? Drum roll, please...badabadabadabadabada...



I'm going as the Mystery Science Theater 3000 silhouette!!!



Okay, hear me out. I know it sounds weird. I was inspired by some costumes I saw online where people cut out the MST3K silhouette from black poster board and wore it on their backs like a backpack. Yes, this means I'll be wearing another costume where the back is the coolest part, but I have a few other ideas up my sleeve. I'll also be wearing the Gizmonic Institute jumpsuit, which the lovely and talented designer Carolina will be making because she is as crazy about Halloween costuming as I am!

Eek!!! Okay, I'm getting really excited for Halloween now. Like REALLY excited. I've already had two friends tell me they've chosen their costumes. I love, love, love hearing that! I know I've talked about how I became such a fan of Halloween, but lately I've been trying to come up with a good way to describe just how happy it makes me. The only thing I can compare it to is having a crush on someone. You know when you wake up on a day that you know you'll be seeing your crush and you can't help but feel insanely happy? That's what it's like. So basically I have a crush on Halloween. 

Welcome to Crazy Town. Population: me.