Friday, February 28, 2014

February Meditation Challenge - Final Day!

Image courtesy of tiverylucky / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Welp, I did it. I meditated every day. I also finally attended a meditation session outside of my own bedroom. My friend and I went to the Kadampa Meditation Center on Wednesday, which I will admit, was more Buddhist-y than I expected, but I still enjoyed it. I was super nervous for some reason, and I was definitely more distracted than normal (which is funny, considering the talk afterward was about distractions). As soon as I closed my eyes my skin was itchy and something was in my eye and I needed to scoot back in my seat and I wanted to cross my legs and my throat was dry etc etc. I just didn't want to be the dick who made a bunch of noise and caused a bunch of distractions for other people. But eventually I got focused, and it was very relaxing. I still plan on checking out more meditation places like InsightLA and UCLA's mindfulness program.

My final thoughts: I like meditation. It took a while to get going. I don't always feel benefits immediately. However, as I've mentioned before, consistent meditation has brought a sense of acceptance into my life (of myself and the world around me). And it helps keep me in the present moment. All in all, I think it's a good habit, and I plan to keep doing it.

That is all.

Happy Meditating!




No comments: