Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February Meditation Challenge - Day 12

Photo Courtesy of Marin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I'm almost halfway through this challenge, so I suppose I'm due for an update. Although I don't feel like I have a whole lot to say. I'm still meditating every morning when I get up. Here are some scattered thoughts on the topic:

  • I definitely have to sit up straight with my legs crossed for meditation. It's the only way I'll pay attention. Once or twice I've tried to "cheat" and just listen to a meditation while I'm lying in bed. Never works. I always just fall back asleep.
  • I'm still meditating for about 10 - 12 minutes. Anything longer just seems like a drag, but my goal is to add a few minutes. I want to try 15 minutes every morning.
  • I think there might be a market for Menstrual Meditations. You know, meditations for that week when everyone is pissing you off for no reason. This is my latest money-making idea.
  • I like the idea of not labeling my thoughts and feelings, but just accepting them as they come. This is discussed a lot in meditation, and I think it can be applied to real life. Like if I'm angry about something, I'm not usually just angry. I'm angry, then I feel guilty for feeling angry, or annoyed that I'm angry or I think I shouldn't be angry, or I'm angry that I feel guilty for feeling angry, and it just spirals on and on. Better to just accept the anger. It's easier to move on that way. Labeling the anger as good or bad or wrong or right just seems to make it last longer.
  • There have been a number of weird, sad events that happened to people around me this week and it has put me in a really strange, somber mood. I'm interested to see how meditation will play into this.
  • I still haven't checked out a meditation class yet! Putting it on my to-do list for the weekend.

I guess I had more to say than I thought. I'll leave you with this hilarious Honey Badger meditation I found. I love that it's a full 30 minutes.




No comments: