Monday, January 20, 2014

February Meditation Challenge

Image courtesy of markuso / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I'm going to do a meditation challenge in February. Wanna join me?

Last year I was inspired to learn more about acceptance and mindfulness. What do I mean by acceptance and mindfulness? The ability to accept life as it is. To let go of grudges. Accept myself and others as they are. Be in the present moment instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future. I dabbled in meditation (i.e. I sometimes listened to guided meditations on my phone before I went to bed), but I'd really like to step it up this year. I think meditating regularly will help me immensely.

After having multiple conversations with other friends who are trying to incorporate meditation into their lives, I thought to myself, 'Maybe I should do some sort of meditation challenge where I commit to meditating every day for a month and see how I feel.' That very same day I saw a tweet about Sharon Salzberg's 28-Day Meditation Challenge in February. Bingo! Just what I was looking for. It looks like you can practice the meditations provided online and then share your experiences with others on the site. I plan on also attending various meditation groups throughout the month just to get some different perspectives.

Anyhoo, I'm posting this online to keep myself accountable. Once February rolls around I'll write a few posts on how things are going. If you want to join me, I'd love to hear about your experiences with meditation.



No comments: