Thursday, August 16, 2012

More Thoughts On Halloween Parties

Last Halloween's festivities
For the L.A. crowd, I found a list of upcoming Halloween parties on LA.com. There aren't a lot of details since it's only August, but you can get some discounted tickets if you order in advance. I've never really been interested in these club Halloween parties because they look a little douchey (and pricey), but who knows. Maybe they're actually fun. As I've mentioned before, I'm a huge fan of a good old-fashioned house party. But if that doesn't work out, the Hollywood Halloween Pub Crawl could be fun. Close to my place so I could cab it. Having a fun Halloween is all about having options. So if the first option isn't so fun, you can hit up the next place. There's nothing worse than feeling stuck at a sad Halloween party.

Since Halloween is often on a weekday, I'm usually more excited about the weekend before. Going to a party on actual Halloween is tough because of having to go to work the next day. There was a time when that wouldn't phase me and I could just roll into work hungover, eating candy corn and sleeping at my desk. I'm just too old for that now. Plus everyone has kids so they're out trick-or-treating and all that. So what usually happens is I hit up as many Halloween parties as I can the weekend before (preferably Saturday), and then on actual Halloween I take a walk with my dog and watch all the trick-or-treaters out and about, then go back and eat pizza and watch Ghostbusters or something. Then November 1st comes and I cry from post-Halloween depression.

What do YOU want to do for Halloween this year?

2 comments:

Vivian Rogers said...

If I can't find a cool party, I find that I end up at my favorite karaoke bar The Brass Monkey. Something about doing karaoke in your costume just makes me smile. But this is the same girl who showed up to the karaoke bar the day after Christmas in an adult Hello Kitty onesie for the hell of it. :)

Natalie D. said...

Viv, Brass Monkey was actually listed on the Halloween events page for this year. I thought that was funny. I've never actually seen them advertise for Halloween before.