Monday, June 6, 2011

Thoughts on the Neighborhood Watch Guy


The other day I saw one of those Neighborhood Watch signs, and it reminded me of when I was a kid and I thought that was actually a picture of the man we were looking for. I didn't know what crime he committed, but it must have been bad because the whole neighborhood was on the lookout for this shadow man with a black trench coat and fedora.




I gotta say, that Neighborhood Watch Villain needs a makeover. He's had the same look for decades! Here are a few suggestions (Warning: My MS Paint skills are amazing).


Add a pink fedora.




Add some bling.




Add some Justin Bieber hair.




Or maybe we should all just admit to ourselves that the Neighborhood Watch Guy is actually Homestar Runner. Notice how they're never in the same place at the same time?



I'd recognize that mouth anywhere.


7 comments:

thesunchick said...

Lmao!!! That's hilarious!! I like the bling, your Paint skills are perfect!

Cooper said...

Thanks for getting inside my head, once again.
That dude used to scare the crap out of me with his black trench and creepy eyes. Lurking around the neighborhood looking for kids to kidnap... I also thought he was the same guy who would tie women to the train tracks in old silent movies...

Natalie D. said...

Thanks, guys! Yes, Cooper, I agree. He's the same guy who tied women to the tracks. I guess they just never caught him.

Queen of the Nook said...

Homestar runner connection- amazing. I knew there was a reason you won the Best Writer award at eighth grade graduation. And may I be so bold as to suggest a grill?

Anonymous said...

I typed in homestar runner neighborhood watch because I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm glad were in the same page.

Natalie D. said...

Thanks, Anonymous! I love that you were thinking the same thing. Too awesome.

Anonymous said...

It's totally canon now.