Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Don't Get These DIRECTV Commercials


I am super thankful to have switched from Time Warner to DIRECTV, but I gotta say DIRECTV's current commercials are totally weird. I don't understand their target audience. Here's one example:



Is this a problem for people? Not being able to watch a movie in every room of the house? Visually, these commercials are cool, but other than that, I don't get it.

You're telling me this guy is on such a tight movie-watching schedule that he can't take three minutes to make popcorn then go back to watching the movie? I find it so odd that he starts watching it in the bedroom, moves to the kitchen, then ends up in the living room (not to mention he's dressed up for the occasion, but I digress). Who does that? Maybe it's because I'm poor and only have one TV, limiting my options, but it seems to me like this commercial is geared toward people who can't sit still.

DIRECTV -- serving coke heads who dress up to watch movies in their own home and can't sit in one room for more than a few minutes at a time.

No comments: