Thursday, February 21, 2008

I’m Not A Picky Eater

I'm not a picky eater. I like most foods. I can always find something on the menu that I like. I'm not afraid to try something new. Not many foods upset my stomach. I'm not a picky eater.

But maybe I should be.

Here's the story:

So the other night I make some pasta and meat sauce for dinner. Nothing fancy. I sit down to eat my wonderful meal when I notice a big, round black object in my pasta. Instead of throwing it out and inspecting the rest of my pasta like a normal human, I actually tell myself, "It's probably just an olive." I don't even stop to think that there is NO REASON why an olive would be in the box of pasta, package of ground turkey, or bottle of Ragu sauce.

I actually attempt to eat the damn thing! Right away I notice it's rock-hard and I realize that can't be good. Olives shouldn't be rock-hard. So I spit it out and upon further inspection I discover that A PIECE FROM THE LID OF THE POT actually broke off into the pasta. I spent the rest of the night trying to floss cookware out of my back teeth.

My dentist is gonna have a field day with this one.

1 comment:

daddio said...

on the subject of eating - its a funny thing how when you're trying to eat healthy, but you just gotta have them fries...... i'm waiting for my #1 well done with onions and i'm thinking while watching the gentlemen cook gently place the freshly peeled pure white potatoe into the slicer how nice it is that in-n-out burger only uses fresh potatoes and made to order just for my healthy eating pleasure! mmmm now that is better than frozen.......right?