Sunday, April 29, 2007

Steve Zahn and Paul Walker Changed My Life

Ever had one of those life-changing experiences where you decide to live again?

I just finished watching a movie on TV called "Joy Ride." Ever heard of it? Didn't think so. This zany thriller stars Steve Zahn and Paul Walker as two brothers who unwittingly find themselves running (or driving, rather) from a psychotic truck driver who does not enjoy crank calls on his CB. They learn this the hard way, of course. That'll teach you to make crank calls, you naughty boys!

I tried to visualize the pitch meeting for this movie...

"Okay, picture this: Paul Walker and Steve Zahn are brothers traveling across the country, and they decide to make a crank call on the CB. But the truck driver they mess with isn't your ordinary run-of-the-mill truck driver. Oh, no. He's psychotic!"

Yes, I had a good laugh. Until I realized the people who made this awful movie at least got paid for it. What did I have to say for myself? I was voluntarily watching it while eating 3 sugarless ice cream bars that I purchased at the 99 cent store because I was too lazy to cook an actual meal! That's two hours of my life I'll never get back. How depressing.

Well, I'm changing my ways, people. You mark my words. I'm gonna go back to school, serve at a food kitchen and start rescuing stray animals. Or at the very least do some laundry.

Thank you, Steve Zahn and Paul Walker. You've changed my life.

No comments: